Contact us for a Complimentary Consultation, or Call us at
222 N. LaSalle, #230 Chicago, IL 60601
Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth typically made out of an acrylic resin which may incorporate porcelain or metal for additional structural support. There are two main types of dentures, complete and partial dentures. Both complete dentures and partial dentures are finely crafted and custom-fit to the patient. If you properly maintain your dentures they will appear natural.
Dentures can provide a natural appearance.
1. There's no doubt that dentures take a little getting used to. There is maintenance involved, and initial speech issues to overcome (this is usually temporary, lasting only a couple of days).
2. Mouth irritation or sores may occur, which is usually caused by poor fitting dentures and/or poor dental hygiene, and not removing your dentures when needed.
3. Denture wearers typically chew at only 15-23% efficiency—compared to a person chewing with their natural teeth. The ability to eat many foods is lost. Many denture wearers find that their diet consists more and more of soft foods.
4. In the case of a full upper denture, the upper palate (roof of the mouth) is covered, which can reduce the ability to taste food.
5. Adhesives are needed to help secure dentures in place.
Permanent dentures ~ dental implants ~ are a great alternative to dentures and partial dentures. Not only are they natural looking, but they function as if you had healthy, strong teeth. With proper hygiene and home care, dental implants can last a lifetime. Dental implants allow you to live your life with confidence, comfort and the ability to eat and enjoy chewing solid foods.
Before and After
Check out the photos of some of UAD's patients
Do you (or your partner) suffer from Sleep Apnea? There are alternatives.
See our video library including our dental implant documentary as featured on WGN news.
Read what others are saying about us and see if dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, or invisalign is right for you.
Check out our latest press releases and articles.
Our Dental Services